Improving Program Assessment Practices
The purpose of the Peer Review is to evaluate program assessment practices within four categories:
- Program learning outcome statements
- Measurement of program learning outcomes
- Program response to current findings
- Involvement in program learning assessment processes
During the peer review session, small groups of Program Assessment Liaisons (PALs) describe their programs' assessment reports and other information as applicable. Each group of PALs assign ratings for the assessment review domains using the Peer Review Rating Form; PALs enter the ratings and feedback into an online form provided during the review session. The ratings are used to determine where improvements may be warranted at the program and campus levels, and to identify practices occurring on campus worthy of recognition. Click here to view the guide for the peer review rating form.
Department Heads, Deans, Directors, and other administrators are encouraged to review the ratings for their respective programs to ensure effective assessment practices and to support development of assessment practices as needed.
Peer review dates for 2022-23 assessment reports (submitted fall 2023) via zoom:
- Monday, October 2nd from 2:00-4:00pm
- Tuesday, October 3rd from 10:00am-noon
- Thursday, October 5th from 5:00-4:00pm
- Friday, October 6th from 10:00-noon
Please RSVP by Friday, September 22nd on the session you will be attending.
Recent summaries of peer review data aggregated for the campus are provided in following files: